Saturday, November 29, 2008

Double-digit Wall Street Week

DJIA had its best five days since 1932. Thank you, Santa. But Santa, wasn't 1932 in the midst of the "Great Depression?" Then, I heard Santa say, "Sharpest bull rallies happen during bear markets." Umm, I guess I will not get too excited about this market rally. Instead, I will look at the indicator that took me out of the "claws" of the "Bear" on January 8, 2008 and see what it is saying:


Source: Big Charts

The market's signal is still "Bearish," since the 15-Week EMA is still below the 40-Week EMA. Market, I have heard you loud and clearly.

Once the rally is complete, you may want to consider the following four bearish ETFs, which provide 300% leverage: FAZ (3x Financial Bear), BGZ (3x Large Cap Bear), TZA (3x Small Cap Bear), and ERY (3x Energy Bear). These ETFs are definitely not for "widows and orphans."

No comments: