Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The BUS!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am not against the President having a $1.1 million bus, or for that matter, two buses, which he ordered for a total cost of $2,2 million.  The buses were ordered by the Secret Service in July 2010 and delivered two months ago.  The feds bought the two coaches from Hemphill Brothers Coach, based in Tennessee.  But, here is the "kicker!"  The contract lists the country of origin as Canada and place of manufacture as "outside U.S. - Trade Agreements," a possible reference to the North American Free Trade Agreement.  That is my objection.  With our unemployment rate in excess of 9% for U3,  (By the way, I consider a better measure of worker misery is U6, which is 16%.)  I would have thought that this Administration would have insisted that the bus and all work done on it be completed here in America by Americans. 





No comments: