Monday, April 27, 2009

U.S. Would Hold Majority Stake in New GM Plan

I am not even going to comment on this. I believe you already know my feelings. If not, it can be summed up as follows: disgusting, disgusting, discussing, and discussing. The only viable solution is a "structured" bankruptcy, not monthly American taxpayer bailouts. All what has occurred is a bailout (payback) to the UAW and GM pensioners.

For those of you who say that those GM folks worked 25+, 30+ or in some cases 40+ years for benefits. Why are you so upset over those entitlements? They performed according to their contract, aren't they entitled to what they worked for? My response is as follows: They're not entitled to what they worked for if they want the American taxpayers, who were not a party to their contract, to pay for it. No problem with paying pension benefits as long as it isn't with taxpayers' resources. GM needs to go bankrupt. And, the entire legacy cost must be picked up by Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC).

Sorry for the short diatribe when I said I didn't have a comment, other than "disgusting."

No comments: