Sunday, August 30, 2009

S&P 500 Weekly Update for August 28, 2009

The Exponential Moving Average strategy has spoken. The market trend has now reversed from "Bearish" to "Bullish." That is, the 15-Week EMA exceeded the 40-Week EMA as of the close of Friday, August 28. Until the 15-Week EMA declines below the 40-Week EMA, my focus will be on implementing a bullish investment strategy.

Even though I consider the market's rise suspect, I must follow the EMA investment strategy. I will start the implementation strategy on Monday, August 31, by making incremental investments of 25% to the market each Monday over the next four weeks. By the end of the forth week, I will be 100% invested in the market, unless a sell signal is rendered within that time frame. Ny ETF vehicle of choice is SPY (S&P 500). I am not using any of the double or triple bullish index ETFs. I am staying very conservative for the time being. Please go back and read my post entitled, "Equity Index Traded Funds (ETFs)," of Saturday, July 15, 2009 for the symbol listings of the market index funds. For those of you that are either in a 401k or 403b retirement plans, your might want to consider one of your plan's index funds.

Note: To enlarge, double-click inside.

No comments: